Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sweat

Let me start with a confession: I love working out.  Love it.  I love how my muscles get all bulging from the blood rush.  I like wearing the meshy gym clothes.  I really enjoy that worn out / wet noodle feeling I get after a long work out.  But in a weird way, I'm most fascinated by my sweat.

Before you get all grossed out, let me tell you: I don't normally sweat.  Like ever.  During 90 degree weather and high humidity, I'll get a light sheen on my forearms and maybe under my eyes.  People sometimes mistake this weird eye sweat for crying, but I only do that for the Titanic film.... curse you James Cameron!!  Anyway, I digress.  This is about gym sweat.


This gym sweat is a novelty.  I am not used to it dripping down my body.  Who knew that sweat in your eyes stung?  And it's crazy when you're so sweaty that you can't wipe away sweat 'cause you're so sweaty.  I am fascinated by this.

This is also one of the clearest indicators that I am working my body out.  I have long term goals of fat reduction and muscle growth.  But I'm not really going to see those results for many months (if not years).  But sweat?  That is a direct indicator that I am using my body and pushing my limits.  It feels good.

So next time any of you are sweating, take a moment to appreciate the awesome things your body is capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment