Friday, October 24, 2008

My first blog

Welcome to the 21st Century.

Blogging always seemed so self indulgent to me. Who would want to read about my self-aware comments? Would the fact that this is being broadcast to the entire world shape what I put on here? I don't have answers to these questions, but I will tell you this: I read my friend's blogs. Moreso, I *like* reading my friend's blogs. So maybe, just maybe people would want to read my blog.

Since this is my first post, I want to record the types of things I expect to discuss here. Let's see how accurate this becomes.
  1. Food: Slow Food, food systems, seasonal eating, productive landscapes, urban gardening, cooking and recipes.
  2. Books: sci-fi, fantasy, non-fiction, history, politics, and economics.
  3. Design: landscape architecture, urban design, public art, and Park(ing) Day
  4. Sustainability: Peak Oil, transportation planning, highway infrastructure, urban living, Onondaga Creek, local living / local history, fixing up my house
Let's see how this all pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment